Monday, July 19, 2010

I cheated...

So- I've had this lampshade lying around for a while. I love the shape, but it used to be this yucky shade of light blue. After a crafting project gone horribly wrong, I was left with an ugly blue lampshade with little pieces of fabric still glued on. It was not pretty.

However, some craft paper and mod podge came to the rescue and gave me this:




Want to know a secret? It doesn't really matter that this lamp is a slight fire hazard (although I did use a low-wattage bulb), because it's not even plugged in.



So there you have it. It's my dirty little decorating secret. =)

Do you have any little decorating "cheats" that you've used in the past? I would love to know, please share the deets!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word, so cute! I want that lamp! You totally need to help me design our new home...if they accept our bid, that is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it :)
    and hmm let's see. my secrets are.... i use fake plants because my cats will eat the real deal. also, i use an old checkbook box on the top of my kitchen cabinet under a really cool decorative bowl i put up there so you can see all of it. hm, what else. oh yes. i am more the "measure once nail it five times" kinda gal, so there may or may not be more than one nail hole behind some of my hanging frames ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi- What? You are bidding on a house? Oh goodness! I need to read your blog, I have been MIA for a little while, but I'm super excited to hear about what's going on. And, of COURSE I will help you decorate. =) hehe.

    Sarah- You totally had me giggling. I love it! I am the same way with hanging stuff, I usually just eyeball it or use tape to hang things because I am so lazy...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails