Thursday, July 8, 2010

If you don't like it, Re-Work it! (or just clean it)





I had high hopes of really enjoying our little porch this summer. Unfortunately, in the past couple of months it had become little more than a place to store our plants and other miscellaneous gardening materials. It became clear to me that some cleaning needed to happen.



I thought about cleaning it for a few weeks. I would wake up in the middle of the night and think "Gee, I really should actually move that bag of dirt that's been sitting there since May. The neighbors must think I'm crazy."

Finally, I just found that little bit of energy I needed to accomplish the task on Tuesday. All in all, I think it took me 20 minutes! I moved the gardening supplies down to the garage, wiped down the chairs with some Pine Sol (not just for floors!), rearranged the furniture a little, and added another small table and a pretty votive holder I had laying around.



Ah yes. That looks more like a place where I want to sit and read a book, or eat some Pioneer Woman's Fancy Macaroni with my Hubby.


See that little tree on the left? I rescued it from my Grandma's garbage. She threw it away because apparently there was one branch that was dead. I had been admiring the plant for a while, so I saw my chance and I saved it from an untimely demise. Isn't it cute?

I think my new motto for decorating is "If you don't like it, Re-Work it!" As in, don't run out to the nearest store and try to buy a bunch of things to make your house better. You will end up with less money, and more stuff that you don't know what to do with! Instead, do some "shopping" around your house, and play around with an arrangement to find what suits you best! When in doubt, it never hurts to clean. A clean ugly house is way better than a dirty ugly house, ya know?







(I’m linking up to JAG’s Show and Share day- hop on over and check it out!)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I need to clean so badly... I've been putting it off and putting it off. I love the satisfaction of cleaning but I hate the process. I did rid the house of three giant boxes of junk and put it in a friend's garage sale. That was a good step. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great! :) I love the motto too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing what a little elbow grease will do. It looks so inviting now. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I am thinking that if you get another burst of energy-you should totally come on over to my house!
    I love being able to sit outside. Relaxes me-well, that and diet coke!
    So glad that I found your blog. Your blog title is fabulous!
    Please, stop by sometime and say hello!
    Would love to be bloggy buddies!
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails