Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Land of Misfit Accessories



I have a rather silly confession to make.

You know how I love to thrift? And love shopping for things on sale? And love saving money and then bragging talking about it here?

Well, as much as I love those things, sometimes I find myself turning up my nose at the clearance sections at some stores. I'm talking about the end-of-the-aisle sections where store employees pile up all the lost, forgotten, hopeless items that no one wants to buy.

The china cups with chips and missing handles, the picture frames with broken glass, the lamps that don't quite stand up straight. It's the Land of Misfit Accessories.

Well, I'm here to tell you ladies that sometimes, that place can be a treasure trove. Even though I turn up my nose at the crappy things I see there sometimes, once in a while I find something that is outrageously cheap that I can take home and transform into something new and amazing!

Case in point:


Here we have a sad little jar that was sitting on the shelf, looking lost and forlorn. It had some sort of rubber ring around the neck, which said that perhaps it was missing a lid. But the thing that sold me on it was the cute little oval "chalkboard" message spot. And the price tag. $2.00.

Well, I brought the little guy home, removed the rubber noose from it's neck, and now he has found a happy new home next to the sink.


I have one more silly confession to make. Writing on chalkboards makes me feel like I'm going to puke.

But, that won't stop me from writing cute little messages on here once in a while!

2 comments:

  1. You'll just have to make the husband write the future messages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha- so true. Unfortunately, his handwriting isn't quite as visually decorative... =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails