Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh hey Fall, it's you again!


Yup, Fall is here again.

And with it comes that inexpressible joy that bubbles up every time a crunchy leaflet falls to the ground.

I love Fall.

I love hot apple cider with mulling spices on the stove, warm wool-y sweaters to wrap up in, thick layers of socks, bonfires on cool, crisp evenings, trips to the Apple Orchard. Just thinking about it is getting me all excited!

So, to celebrate these first Fallish days, I pulled together a new look for our little "mantle" above the couch.


I finally found the perfect spot for these fantastic plastic wall thingies!


My owls are right at home near this stack of books! Aren't owls supposed to be avid readers or something? I thought I heard that somewhere...

(P.S. this owl has a hollow tummy that fits a tealight, and it makes his eyes light up! Teehee. Perfect for freaking out the hubby when Halloween comes around...).

I think my favorite part of this little vignette is the picture:


I got this from my MIL- I believe it used to belong to Josh's great-grandma.

So there's a little sneak peak at what's happening around here. How about you? What is your favorite season?


3 comments:

  1. That's a perfect little vignette! I haven't done any fall decor yet but I do love the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is definitely my favorite season. i love everything about it. Those owls are SO CUTE! I heart owls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have noticed that a lot of people choose Fall as their favorite season, and I can definitely see why!

    Thanks Ashley- I'm glad you appreciate the owls too! =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails