Friday, August 5, 2011

Favorite Places


It's no secret that I love a good cup of tea! one of my favorite places to get tea is from a local restaurant call the Avalon Tea Room. It's located in White Bear Lake, MN, and it's been around for years. You can find many different people there, older ladies sharing tea with friends, young moms with their daughters, even guys will come in for the wonderful food!

My Grandma has been going there every week for the past few years. She's one of the "regulars," and it seems like everyone there knows who she is!


We go there and have lunch once in a while, usually my mom, sisters, Grandma and I. Last week, I went with my mother-in-law Jody, my sister Elsie, and Grandma Bertie.  


The tea, of course, is wonderful. They have a wide variety to choose from, and they bring it out in colorful teapots and serve it to you in delicate china cups. The food is also amazing. I have never tried anything there that I didn't like. They also make the best quiche and scones with devonshire cream!

They even have some fun vintage hats that you can try on and wear during your teatime if you wish! 


It's fun to see local, privately owned businesses that are really thriving in this day and age. Thankfully the Avalon doesn't have much to worry about, they have some pretty fiercely loyal customers that keep coming back. I am definitely one of them! 

I wasn't paid or given any perks to endorse the tea room, I just wanted to share one of my favorite places. How about you? What are some of your favorite home-away-from-homes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails