Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring is Here!


Our house was feeling decidedly un-Springy, like the remnants of Winter were clinging on for dear life. When the temperature hit 60 yesterday with sunshine, I was ready to do a bit of Spring sprucing.

I had been holding onto these pretty blossoming branches since last Fall, when I found them at Pier 1 Imports for only $2.00. TWO DOLLARS! Ok, sorry, apparently Spring makes me really bargain happy too.


Normally I'm not a huge fan of faux-florals, but in this case I think it works. The flowers are very realistic, and I just love the burst of color that you see when you are walking in the front door. Now, I only need to clear up the winter coats and boots...

Spring isn't the only thing that's busting out all over... I seem to be outgrowing every item of clothing that I own! So today I went on a little shopping spree to Target and bought a cute light sweater, and a yellow necklace. I don't think I will ever get sick of the color yellow. 


Please try to ignore my dorky facial expression, and the cat toy that looks like a huge, colorful dust bunny on the floor.

So how are you celebrating the first signs of Spring?

9 comments:

  1. You look absolutely adorable! And I think the flowers are a great addition. So bright and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally realistic looking flowers, and what a vibrant necklace. perfect accessory for baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO cute! i've been eyeing that necklace at Target too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby bump!!! It just doesn't get any cuter than that. Enjoy your Spring weather, we've been in the 80's but are expecting a storm this weekend that will have us back in the 50's again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it's so fun to see you pregnant! Great choice of putting yellow with dark grey...so beautiful! And I think the blossoms are perfectly Springy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mikalah!! ***happy squeals*** I am so excited for you!!
    I guess it's been a few weeks since I have been over here...and what a happy surprise I got! Congratulations to you and your hubby! A baby blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fresh and pretty! I love that mirror to. death. You look gorgeous and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you Mikalah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cutest baby bump ever!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so much like Morna here, I was confused for a moment. :) You are adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails