Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Merry Christmas Darling!


I truly love decorating for the holidays. I love having Christmas music playing, baking up sweet treats, and making our home look festive. It's far from perfect, but I love it that way! 

This year, our daughter is finally old enough to get excited too. I sing "You better watch out... you better not cry..." and she starts bobbing her head and humming along. The joy that brings is simply indescribable! 


This year, I haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to crafting and creating. Our Christmas gift shopping was kept super simple and inexpensive. But, I did lay in bed the other night and watch "A Princess for Christmas" while my husband snored beside me. It was a perfect moment of peacefulness, and it was simply wonderful. Evie and I baked cookies with my mom and sisters. We all visited the tree farm as a huge, rambunctious family. I think the memories will stay longer than the decorations, and for that I am grateful. 


Merry Christmas, Darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails